List of alterations from core series games
Pokémon Insurgence typically follows ORAS rules for game mechanics and Pokémon data (moveset, abilities, etc). Some of these rules have been intentionally changed for quality-of-life purposes or to supplement new Insurgence features.
- The maximum level is 120 instead of 100.
- Breeding mechanics use a mixture of mechanics from different generations (see the main article)
Note: Moves added by Insurgence-exclusive TMs are not listed here but on the wiki page for the TM.
Additionally, Pokémon are able to learn moves from TMs and Tutors that existed in Generations I to V if the TM/Tutor exists in Insurgence even if the TM/Tutor does not exist in Generation VI games.
Almost all Pokémon learn Acid through tutoring.
Move acquisition changes
|Sprite||Pokémon||Move||Removed method||Alternate method|
|Kyogre||Double-Edge||Level up||Move Tutor|
|Zygarde||Dragon Dance||Level up||Zygarde Cube|
|Extreme Speed||Level up||Zygarde Cube|
|Sprite||Pokémon||ORAS abilities||Insurgence abilities|
Winter Joy (Hidden)
|Darkrai||Bad Dreams||Bad Dreams|
|Zygarde||Aura Break||Aura Break|
(From Zygarde Cube)
Held item changes
|Sprite||Pokémon||ORAS items||Insurgence items|
|Munna||—||Dream Mist (5%)|
Evolution method changes
- Pokémon that evolve through trade can be evolved by the Witchdoctor if all other conditions are met (except for Karrablast and Shelmet, which do not have trade partner requirements when evolved by the Witchdoctor).
- Magneton and Nosepass evolve into Magnezone and Probopass, respectively, when leveled up in the Whirl Islands.
- Inkay evolves into Malamar starting at level 30 when leveled up; no other conditions must be met.
- Eevee evolves into Sylveon when leveled up knowing a Fairy-type move and having high friendship.
- Synchronize has a 100% chance to make wild encounters share the user's Nature, up from 50% in core series games.
- No Guard does not affect one-hit knock out moves.
- Poison Heal causes the user to gain 1 HP for every 4 steps the player takes if poisoned.
- Magic Guard prevents the damage caused by poison when walking in the overworld.
- Snow Warning and Sand Stream prevent the user from taking damage from their respective weather conditions.
- Heal Order, Recover, Roost, and Slack Off heal the user by 25% of its max HP when used outside of battle.
- Roar and Whirlwind give the Repel effect for 50 steps when used outside of battle.
- Moonlight heals ⅓ of the user’s HP during harsh sunlight.
- Sheer Cold does not affect Ice types.
- Present cannot heal the target if Heal Block is active.