New Moon (move)
When New Moon is used, darkness will begin to cover the field. This effect will last for 5 turns; if the user is holding a Dark Rock, the duration is increased to 8 turns. This clears any other type of weather unless heavy rain, extremely harsh sunlight, or strong winds are present, which will cause New Moon to fail. The move will also fail if New Moon is already present.
The New Moon weather condition has the following effects:
- Increases the damage of Ghost and Dark-type moves by 35%
- Decreases the damage of Fairy-type moves by 25%
- Allows Lunar Cannon, Phantom Force, and Shadow Force to be used instantly.
- Activates the following Abilities: Absolution, Forecast, Heliophobia, Shadow Dance, Supercell
- Causes Forecast to change Castform to its Cloudy Form.
- Changes Weather Ball to a Dark-type move and doubles its power.
- Causes Synthesis and Morning Sun to recover ⅓ of max HP.
- Causes Moonlight to recover ⅔ of max HP.
- Reduces the power of the move Solar Beam by 70%.
- Increases the power of the move Surf by 50%.
- The effects of Hone Claws are increased from 1 to 2 stages.
- Geomancy boosts are now halved under New Moon
- Nightmare reduces HP by ½ instead of ¼ while New Moon is active
- Bad Dreams reduces HP by ¼ instead of ⅛ while New Moon is active
- Pressure reduces PP by 3 instead of 2 under New Moon
- Flash now decreases accuracy by 2 stages instead of 1 under New Moon
- Illuminate now increases Evasion by 1.25x under New Moon
- Fairy type moves are not boosted by Fairy Aura while New Moon is active
- Aura Break does not affect Fairy Aura while New Moon is active
- Dark type moves are boosted by Dark Aura by 5/3x instead of 4/3x under New Moon
- If Aura Break is active then their damage is multiplied by 3/5x instead (as opposed to 3/4x)
- Reflect and Light Screen cause attacks to deal 4/10x and 8/15x original damage in Single and Double battles respectively while New Moon is active
- The Dusk Ball's catch rate modifier is activated, regardless of location or time.
By leveling up
|837||Delta Electivire||Rock||Dragon||Start, 65|
|Bold indicates a Pokémon gains STAB from this move.|
Italics indicates a Pokémon whose evolution or alternate form receives STAB from this move.