List of in-game trades
Continuing the trend featured in the core series Pokémon games, Pokémon Insurgence features its very own in-game trades. Though the trading system itself is mostly the same, there are a few noteworthy exceptions which set the in-game trades in Pokémon Insurgence apart from those found in the core series games:
- Non-playable characters (NPCs) in Pokémon Insurgence may provide the player with multiple trading requests, where the player only needs to fulfill one requirement in order to complete the trade.
- Pokémon traded to the player include the trading NPC's trainer class in addition to their name in the Pokémon's OT field.
- The ID of the trading NPC is not static, it is randomized every time a trade is made.
- Pokémon traded to the player have completely randomized IVs; this differs from the Generation VI core series games, where Pokémon either had set IVs or a number of set perfect IVs.
- The nature of the Pokémon received is random.
- The gender of the Pokémon received is random, excluding cases where the Pokémon species has no gender or is gender-specific.
- In the event that the Pokémon received has a primary and a secondary ability, the ability will be randomized between the two; it is currently not possible to receive a Pokémon which already has its Hidden Ability.
- Pre-Generation V level mechanics are used, where the level of the Pokémon received will always be equal to the level of the Pokémon that is traded away.
Otherwise, trading mechanics remain the same.
- In Roggan Town the player is able to trade for a Larvesta whose OT is Camper♀ Sally. This is likely a typographical error, as the female counterpart of the Camper trainer class is referred to as a Picnicker both in the cores series games and in Pokémon Insurgence.
- The Darumaka traded in Gaea Town may be a reference to TyranitarTube's run-through of Pokemon ORAS extreme randomizer where he caught a Darmanitan called Damage.