Protean Maxima (Ability)
At the start of the turn, if directed to use a move of a type that corresponds to an Eeveelution, Mega Eevee will transform into the form corresponding to that Eeveelution, giving it the type, base stats (including HP) and ability of that Eeveelution. Using a Normal-type move changes Eevee back to its base Mega Evolution form. Protean Maxima is not replaced by the new ability; using a move of a different applicable type will cause Eevee to transform again.
When Mega Eevee transforms into a form with a different base HP, its current HP will be revised to its new maximum HP minus the amount of HP it had lost before changing form (unless that would put Eevee's HP at 0 or lower, in which case Eevee's HP is reduced to 1 instead). This also occurs when Mega Eevee transforms back into its non-Mega form after a battle ends.
Unlike Protean, Protean Maxima does not take the damaging type of Hidden Power and Custom Move into account, meaning that using Hidden Power will change Mega Eevee into its Normal-type form and using a Custom Move will not change Mega Eevee's form.
The abilities gained while transformed are as follows:
- When Mega Eevee changes into Vaporeon, it gains the ability Water Absorb.
- When Mega Eevee changes into Jolteon, it gains the ability Volt Absorb.
- When Mega Eevee changes into Flareon, it gains the ability Flash Fire.
- When Mega Eevee changes into Espeon, it gains the ability Magic Bounce.
- When Mega Eevee changes into Umbreon, it gains the ability Synchronize.
- When Mega Eevee changes into Leafeon, it gains the ability Chlorophyll.
- When Mega Eevee changes into Glaceon, it gains the ability Snow Cloak.
- When Mega Eevee changes into Sylveon, it gains the ability Cute Charm.
Pokémon with Protean Maxima
|#||Pokémon||Types||First Ability||Second Ability||Hidden Ability|